I'm starting this blogger blog today. I'm creating more of a vlog (video log), or jog (James Log) as I call it. I've been jogging all over the world for the past 18 months creating memories and capturing moments with my phone and more recently a GoPro Hero. I'm focused on creating adventure for myself. Thus far I've been mountain biking, snowboarding, surfing, and kiteboarding around the world, while keeping myself occupied in between with trekking, yoga, biking, traveling, cooking, eating, and meeting great people. The first part of my travels, which I'll call "Collecting Mountains" was primarily an adventure for myself, experiencing the biggest journey in my life by driving west from my small hometown of Shelbyville in Indiana in my Honda Accord packed to the brim with gear with snowy mountains on my mind. The next part of my adventure, which I'll call "Chasing Winds" for now, focuses on my change from Winter to Summer, where I rediscovered kitesurfing in Hood River, Oregon. Kitesurfing will blow your mind. My future was filled with kites from the moment I first saw it on the volcanic island of Tenerife, Spain in 2014. My current adventure has brought me to India. I was lucky enough to have been invited to an Indian wedding in Rishikesh. Now that the wedding's done and after movie edited, I have time to enjoy life and create new memories. Keep your eyes open for my video series on the wedding and my Himalayan adventures on a Royal Enfield.

How did I come to start an adventure like this? An amazing opportunity caught my eye one day at my office job. One ski pass, 16 mountains. Not ordinary mountains. These were the big mountains I'd been dreaming of since discovering snowboarding at a small icy hill near my hometown at age 19. I set out 18 months ago, on a mission to live the dream, chasing winter storms and summer winds, blazing my own path. I've followed the winds from the US and Canada all the way to Sydney and Western Australia, to Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast in Queensland, to Singapore and India, never in too much of a hurry to enjoy the sunrises and sunsets.  This blog/vlog/jog is for you, the reader, to live vicariously through me and become inspired to create your own adventure. You may follow all of my travels, or choose your sport or interest of your choice! James out ✋✋✋✌✌✌

Comments

Popular posts from this blog